ESG portfolio management
If you’re interested in ESG (environmental, social and governance) investing, our ESG Portfolio Service lets you take a more responsible approach. We are proud to be a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment and recognise that many investors are concerned about the nature of their investments and the environmental or ethical record of the companies involved. Many also want to invest in companies helping to solve the world’s challenges but they can’t afford to compromise on returns.
As part of Canaccord Genuity Group Inc., a global financial services firm operating in wealth management and capital markets, we can draw on the Group's resources and ESG investment expertise. This enables us to find ESG funds that work towards making the world a better place, while also creating a sensible and sustainable investment strategy for your long-term financial security.
Our ESG portfolio service
Our ESG Portfolio Service enables you to invest for your own future and the future of society and our planet.
Our ESG portfolio service is supported by our meticulous, robust investment process. Benefits include:
- Your own ring-fenced investment portfolio designed around your values.
- Investing in the ESG themes addressing the planet’s biggest sustainability challenges while also delivering consistent, risk-adjusted returns.
- ESG investment experts able to tap into the latest research and innovation from around the world.
- Your own investment manager on hand to talk to.
Your choice of managed ESG portfolios
We have three ESG portfolios for you to choose from, all designed to perform over a 7-10 year investment cycle, so we recommend remaining invested for a minimum of seven years.
Each enables you to invest responsibly in ESG funds committed to bettering our world, without compromising on performance or your future financial goals.
- Cautious Balanced ESG portfolio (risk profile 4) aims for a balance between capital appreciation and reduced volatility
- Balanced ESG portfolio (risk profile 5) aims to produce a balance between capital appreciation and income
- Growth ESG portfolio (risk profile 6) aims to provide capital appreciation.
Your dedicated Investment Manager can help you decide which ESG portfolio is best suited to your investment goals and attitude to risk (see our risk framework brochure for details). We will then apply our extensive expertise and ESG investment knowledge to manage your portfolio on your behalf, using diversification to ensure the level of risk always reflects your position.
Our robust approach to ESG fund selection
Step 1: Comprehensive research and investigation to seek out those funds best aligned with your preferred level of risk versus return.
Step 2: Carefully seek out the funds outperforming others in the same space, with a proven track record of doing so.
Step 3. Filter this long list through the following criteria to identify those funds that meet your values and our standards:
- Funds MUST NOT invest companies that engage in controversial business activities, according to Morningstar Sustainalytics.
- Funds MUST invest in companies demonstrating both a positive impact on ESG issues and financial returns.
- Funds MUST demonstrate investment strategies committed to the 17 United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals.
Only the funds that pass all three of stages of our robust assessment, go on to form the foundation of your ESG portfolio.
Investment involves risk. The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.
Our portfolios are designed to work over a typical investment cycle of 7-10 years, so we recommend you stay invested for at least seven years.
The information provided is not to be treated as specific advice. It has no regard for the specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs of any specific person or entity.
Investment involves risk and you may not get back what you invest. It’s not suitable for everyone.
Investment involves risk and is not suitable for everyone.